Suggest an Update
Need to update a prospect's contact info? In Volunteer by EverTrue, you now have the ability to suggest an update or change on a prospect's profile. When submitting an update for review, you will be prompted to enter the new information as well as details about the update. Once submitted, your suggested update will be sent to your institution's data manager for review.
Suggest an Update
1. To suggest an update, click "View More" under the Contact section of a prospect profile.
2. In the Additional Contact Information modal, click "Suggest Contact Update" at the bottom of the screen.
3. In the suggestion window, you can submit updates to phones, emails, addresses, or miscellaneous.
4. In the Phone, Email, and Address sections, you have the option to Add New, Edit, and Retire a piece of information.
Add New - Use this to add a new set of data, like an additional phone number.
Edit - Use this for tweaking an existing set of data, like a typo in an address.
Retire - Use this for removing a set completely, like an out of date email.
5. In saving an update, it will be automatically submitted to your data manager for review and approval. You will not see the update immediately on the prospect's profile, as your data manager must first update the data in their database before it will show in the platform.
What happens after submitting a suggestion?
Once your suggested update is submitted, your institution's data manager will be tasked with reviewing the suggestion. If they decide to approve a suggestion, they will make the contact info change in their database and import the new data to Volunteer by EverTrue. Once imported, the new contact information will display on the prospects record. At this time, there are no notifications when changes have been approved and implemented. If you have questions about the status of a suggestion, reach out to your institution's Volunteer program administrator.